Signs of Excellence, LLC provides interpreting services to Deaf, hard of hearing, Deaf-Blind and hearing clients in Birmingham, Alabama and surrounding areas. Our interpreters are skilled in American Sign Language (ASL), English sign systems (SEE 1, SEE 2, LOVE and CASE), and Contact Variety Language (pidgin).
We got our start serving the deaf community in South Florida and made our name by providing cost-effective interpreting services that are in compliance with ADA law. Seeing a need in Alabama we committed to serve this community under the leadership of Jill Moran.
No matter what your sign language interpreting needs may be, we have the skills and experience to provide them. Whether an interpreter is required for single or ongoing assignments, or at various sites, we will provide the highest quality professional interpreters available. Our interpreters demonstrate excellent verbal English skills as well as provide accurate interpretations that seamlessly integrate cultural mediation.
When you hire Signs of Excellence, LLC;
- The interpreting services we provide for your deaf clients will ensure that your company is compliant with the ADA law.
- You are provided cost-effective services.
- You will be provided skilled, qualified and credentialed sign language interpreters to serve at your location.
- We encourage smarter service provision through coordinated services for multiple-client situations.
- We will be your information ally, directing your tax preparation professional to the federal IRS guidelines for Disability Access Tax Credit.
- You will be provided with exceptional customer-driven response quality, ever mindful of the communication needs of hearing and D/HH clients.
- Our interpreters are credentialed EXCLUSIVELY throughout the communities we serve.
- Our interpreters behave ethically in accordance with the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf’s Code of Professional Conduct (CPC) and cover all HIPPA (Healthcare Information Protection and Portability Act) requirements.
About Jill Moran
Signs of Excellence, LLC proudly announces its Director of Operations for Alabama, Jill Moran, of Chelsea, AL. Eleven years in business, Signs of Excellence, LLC has served throughout Florida and is proud to establish a business footprint in greater Birmingham. “Our goal is to serve alongside those professionals already here in order to facilitate a greater awareness of Deaf/HH communication access rights and to hire the most skilled professionals for each assignment,” said Deborah Wesson Gibson, CI/CT, owner and founder of the firm.
“Since 1990, the ADA law has been on the books. Title III, Section 36.303, mandates the provision of skilled qualified interpreting services as a reasonable accommodation.” Gibson said. “We look forward to earning the community’s trust as a credible, ethical organization under the capable leadership of our director, Jill Moran.”
Jill Moran was born under the blue star at Carraway Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama. Owing to her father’s career with Chicago Bridge and Iron, Inc. (CBI) Jill moved often, attending several schools. Following the moves, including a time in Scotland, she returned home to Alabama. Her interpreter training included time in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
In 1997 she achieved dual national certification with a Certificate of Interpretation and Certificate of Transliteration (CI/CT) from RID, the national Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf. Her 25-year experience includes business, post-secondary, K-12, medical, vocational rehabilitation, mental health, legal, and community assignments. Most recently, Moran interpreted for Gov. Kay Ivey to be sure Alabama’s Deaf/HH community was informed during Hurricane Irma.
“I am energetic about connecting the business community with services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing consumers. I feel that my connections in the Deaf and Interpreting Communities will give heart to making sure we can provide services to businesses wishing to fulfill their legal and ethical obligation to communication access.”
Moran is a member of RID nationally and the Alabama chapter, ALRID. She is a member of The Church of the Highlands, Greystone campus. Jill enjoys mission work, time at the beach, and SEC Football! Most important is time with her daughters, Allison, Susannah, and Emily, who are the light of her life.
Just because you have hired an interpreter, you still may not be compliant with federal civil-rights communication access laws? We make sure our clients are compliant with all access laws. Let us earn your trust, one appointment at a time.
To learn more about how to hire skilled, qualified sign language interpretation services, please visit our website at www.signsofexcellencellc.com/alabama or call, text or FaceTime Jill Moran at (205)275-0564.